Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Disclaimer by Ron Carlson : Cut-up after w.s.Burroughs/b.Gynsin

though I've tried the text absolutely verbatim
all the lights on late at night
I suppose I knew I was going to be alone
under the most beautiful tree on the Interstate
if I was driving back late from her house
quietly and inextricably
the airport
eighth south
I wrecked from all the waiting
time
I also should add
I wanted to
but it is
is
easier to give up
get caught
imagine
I stood so many nights whispering this
beautiful bold
repeated pattern
golden secrets
a blizzard
I stood so many midnights under
the fluorescent lights
the sky
a mile in every direction, some kind of perfect setting
some nights that time time itself dissolved
those intoxicating nights
nights under bright lights
the chilly fall nights
I put that in the book
where
reading this
every word
wanting to say the words
what am i going to do,
Nothing-
coincidental or otherwise-
so lost
-no resemblance
a girl you once knew, some woman
her body
modern love, disappeared
and you know
but do not study or understand
to look in a book
now exit
start again
see again
see for the first time
CUT-UP by
Colin Roe Ledbetter

No comments: