Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Problem 1; + / - space

I am taking 3D / 2D this year.
In 3D we are working on spacial conception. the first image is something we fooled around with in class that I liked and took home to scan. The second is the first problem of the semester. Even though they are both for 3D they are technically 2D for this bit.

These are presented on 9x9 flat black foam core with white Bristol board and rubber cement.

Img 1 : I took out the shape lines of the four organic shapes and played with it in photo shop to make it more b/w. The outline was the class problem. Minimalist shape. drop a few more shapes on it and reorganize it to a new shape. glue. present.


Img 2 : I had to create a positive / negative space that was provocative using triangle(s), square(s) or rectangle(s), circle(s). at least one of each / no max limit of any one shape. I sat for hours drawing and erasing on my mirror with a dry-erase marker. one week later I created it and it is just how I imagined it to be, and more. It looks good at any angle which i had not planned because I could not turn my closet mirror. After being scanned I recolored the black and the original canvas size. I will turn it in at 9 am and critiques shall follow. I can't wait to see what people have done.


POST PROJECT:
In critiques only one student had a comment to make about my piece, he said, "It is very simple... but I don't know if thats a bad thing.."

I guess hearing anything is better than nothing...
8/10pts

No comments: