Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I've Got My Spine, I've Got My Orange Crush

With M83's music permeating my ears I walked around the city on April 2o and shot the last roll of film for my photography class this semester.
It was a good time I walked from my house through the Trolley Square to the Downtown of Salt Lake City. Tired of walking for one hour or so I had the street vendor make me two veggie dogs and some kraut and I took an Orange Crush and went and had a sit down on the main street.
After the filling kraut dog I went down a dark back alley that I had only been down once before- late at night but not alone- found a latter and climbed to the top of one of the main street buildings. This is where I found the majority of my final prints.
A headless bird that has been sitting in the same spot since I was on the roof last, but this time it had been through the wet winter and much of the hot spring. I accidentally picked it up last time I was on the roof, it was dark I didn't know better
An cracked egg with a premature baby bird inside. the dark black contrasted against the white of the shell. I cracked it open to get a better picture of the dead but not quite born foul. maggots. I placed the egg on a rusty paint can.
I climbed back down the metal latter covered in brown dust. Went to Sam Wellers for a few books and a soy latte. Bought some books and my caffeine and went halfway across the street to wait for public transit.
I have now turned in all my work and I already miss going to this class full of like minded individuals. I hope that I see more of all of them in the future.

No comments: