Monday, September 11, 2006

The Salt Lake City Library

The library is one of the most important buildings in the world. It holds the knowledge of thousands of people.
The SLC Library is one of my favorite buildings in Salt Lake. Night or Day.
Today I am going to get a library card. The first couple books I plan to read are authors mentioned in music by Tim Kasher (Cursive, The Good Life)
I quite love when music and books go together and even more so when movies then are included.
My latest CD/book/movie have to do with Franz Kafka. The CD is Gregor Samsa 55:12, an art rock group, named after one of Kafka's characters. The book is The metamorphosis, about a salesman who wakes one day to be a giant bug. It quite ruins his world. The movie is Noah Baumbach's The Squid and the Whale, which mentions Kafka very frequently, and a part mentioning being Kafkaesque makes me giggle like a little girl.
Speaking of little girls, the movie was recommended by one, Emma Cooper, who took this picture of me in the library with the camera. Clue is solved. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

emma said...

i am not a little girl!