Saturday, August 12, 2006

Where would we be without Elliott Smith



I could have seen Elliott Smith once, but I was celebrating the birth of my close friend Ashley Hutchins. It was his last show ever, although it was not the last I heard of him. Elliott Smith is one of my favorite musicians for two reasons: 1- His music has mad the last 2 years of my life interesting. For weeks i would have his music playing on my father's stereo while I was house sitting. I like to listen to it in the August rainstorms. 2- two of my favorite movies include his music at the point of depression or of odd happiness, and to this day when ever I here his voice i cry. That is just the power he has. The movies are American Beauty and The Royal Tenenbaums

I wish i could have been at that show sometimes

No comments: