Thursday, April 20, 2006

We Are All Electrons + Protons

Who controls the past controls the future, who controls the present controls the past.
George Orwell (1984)

I feel that with the advancement of media and news outlets the public has a better chance of controling the truth. But also since much of everything is now electronic I feel that we will lose all of that information or that it will be erased because there is now real archival information except electronic informating.
This is why I have a problem with iTunes and mp3's. I would rather own a CD for life and not have the memory of my computer remember and organize my music/life for me.
I hate Technology and Mass Media. I am a Mass Communication major at the University of Utah. I am also majoring in Photography. I dont want to do a lot of digital. I want to work with film and chemicals, that feels more real to me than anything. Like pain, if I didnt feel pain I don't think that I knew that I existed.

-Colin Roe Ledbetter

1 comment:

emma said...

we were talking about this lovely topic that day